Wednesday, 13 October 2010
Figs, Pears and Alfredo
Salam and Hello readers,
Just had a healthy supper; two pears and some soft, dried figs! Yummylicious.
Well, my dinner just now was Alfredo spaghetti which is so easy to make. Saves up time and tastes good. You probably have heard or even know or familiar with the recipe. Allow me nonetheless, to share this simple, tasty, delicious recipe. Here goes:
(Serves 1 person)
1. 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine (preferably unsalted, although slightly
salted is ok)
2. 1/2 cup of whipping cream
3. 4 tablespoons of grated cheese (unfortunately i cannot find a halal parmesan
cheese, so i used cheddar instead)
4. 1 tablespoon of black pepper
5. a pinch of salt (yes, very little, especially if the butter is salty enough!)
6. chopped flat-leaf parsley (I didn't have this in stock today, if you have, please
add to your pasta before serving!)
1. Heat butter, whipping cream and grated cheese on a SLOW heat.
2. Stir gently until the butter and cheese melted.
3. once melted, add black pepper and salt and continue stirring.
4. sprinkle the freshly-chopped parsley leaf and ready to serve.
This sauce goes great with any pasta be they spaghetti, fusilli, conchiglie, penne, macaroni, well anything! Unlike most dairy-based recipes which are typically 'memuakkan', this recipe is to my taste. Have a go, and happy eating!
Have a fun, alfredo hour!
Lots of love from